Prayer Challenge


I want to ask you to say this prayer out loud, if possible.

“I belong to God. I am a holy vessel because I have the Holy Spirit of the Living God. The Lord of Heaven and earth has said to me; “I declare you holy!”. I commit to start believing what He says. I AM HOLY! Remind me daily, Spirit of the Living God, to treat myself as holy, open my eyes to every scheme of The Enemy to treat me as if I'm not. You, God, are Holy. Your word is the truth. This day Father, I chose to believe you! I ask this in the mighty name of your son Jesus Christ, who died on a cross for me so that I could be a coheir to the kingdom of God. Amen”



Sunday, May 14, 2017

Verse of the Week - Luke 10:39 - May 14, 2017



Bed time has always been a time for me to think about my day.
Good times, bad times, in between times are all looked at and gone through. For years I followed this routine, but I also kept my mind busy with thinking about what I could have, or should have, said to other people. In short, my mind was not silent.
Mental Silence 
Being mentally silent was not an activity that I had even thought about until I was thirty-three years old and participating in a twelve-step recovery program. People kept talking about "meditating" as part of their daily prayer time. I remember thinking about this as an activity to be practiced. It was an action that I needed to do so I created a "meditation wall" in my tiny apartment.
The meditation wall consisted of a Serenity Prayer plaque, a plaque of Proverbs 3:6, and framed slogans.
Each day I would sit on the couch and read my meditation wall. Then I would think about what each one said and what it meant. One day, I realized that meditating wasn't me talking to myself, it was a time for me to be still, or silent. Wow! I had not tried to be mentally silent in a VERY long time.
Today, I am in awe of the Lord and trying my best to not sin. 
At days end, I search my heart, or review my actions and behaviors of the day. Then, I am silent and listening. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by and visiting today. SalleeB