Prayer Challenge


I want to ask you to say this prayer out loud, if possible.

“I belong to God. I am a holy vessel because I have the Holy Spirit of the Living God. The Lord of Heaven and earth has said to me; “I declare you holy!”. I commit to start believing what He says. I AM HOLY! Remind me daily, Spirit of the Living God, to treat myself as holy, open my eyes to every scheme of The Enemy to treat me as if I'm not. You, God, are Holy. Your word is the truth. This day Father, I chose to believe you! I ask this in the mighty name of your son Jesus Christ, who died on a cross for me so that I could be a coheir to the kingdom of God. Amen”



Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Verse of the Week- 1 John 1:5 May 22, 2017

My husband shared his philosophy for living a Christian life with me early in our marriage. 
He lives his faith walk by testing everything with this saying: "Good God - Bad Satan." 

I decided to try out this outlook for a while, after all Bill is the spiritual leader of our home AND Bill has a peace and calmness that I wanted to have too. 

After a month or two, I realized that life is much simpler when measured by "Good God - Bad Satan." 

Today, I have lived by this philosophy for six years and find myself with some of the peace and calmness of my spouse.

Good God - Bad Satan
The things of God do not show darkness because God is light and in him is no darkness at all. I do not blame God for doing bad things because God cannot sin or do anything wrong. God is light and in him is no darkness at all.

Am I living life in the darkness or in the light? 
The answer to this question lies in my attitude and actions. My attitude and actions show where I am living. Therefore, a daily inventory of my attitude and actions is in order at the end of each day because I want to stay firmly in the light of God.

Bad things come from the world and the ruler of this world is Satan.
I assign the blame where it belongs - with Satan. My God isn't a tempter, Satan is the tempter. Am I feeling tempted? Then I need to get back into the light (shelter) of the Lord. I do this by submitting all areas of my life to God. He is Lord of my whole life, not just a part of my life. When I submit my entire life to God, Satan will FLEE! Satan cannot stay in the light of God.

John 8:12  
Then spoke Jesus again to them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that follows me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by and visiting today. SalleeB