Prayer Challenge


I want to ask you to say this prayer out loud, if possible.

“I belong to God. I am a holy vessel because I have the Holy Spirit of the Living God. The Lord of Heaven and earth has said to me; “I declare you holy!”. I commit to start believing what He says. I AM HOLY! Remind me daily, Spirit of the Living God, to treat myself as holy, open my eyes to every scheme of The Enemy to treat me as if I'm not. You, God, are Holy. Your word is the truth. This day Father, I chose to believe you! I ask this in the mighty name of your son Jesus Christ, who died on a cross for me so that I could be a coheir to the kingdom of God. Amen”



Saturday, April 1, 2017

Mountain Mover or Mountain Builder?

Bill's Note
My retired husband Bill occasionally leaves me notes from his own bible studies. Usually it is a bible verse or a quote. Yesterday, I arrived home from work and found this note on my computer:
God gives you faith to move mountains and only faith can move them. Fear is what builds mountains. Are you a mountain mover or a mountain builder? 
My answer to this question is "I am a mountain mover!"
Which One?
Today, I  want you to consider the same question that was on my note from Bill "Are you a mountain mover or a mountain builder?"

Mountain Mover
The mountains in your Christian life can be removed through faith and belief in Jesus Christ. You were given the Holy Spirit when you asked Jesus to come into your life and be Lord of your life. Speak to the mountain in your life and tell it to to be removed from you. Believe it with all of your heart, mind and soul! Jesus himself said if you have faith the size of a mustard seed nothing shall be impossible to you.

Mountain Builder
Fear is a tool that Satan uses to keep the children of God defeated and joyless. One of my favorite acronyms for fear is, False Evidence Appearing Real. Fear will keep you from stepping out in faith and moving your mountain.

Mountain Moving Testimony
My youngest grandchild was diagnosed with spina bifida in the fourth month of his mom's pregnancy. Ashley was sent to a high risk obstetrician. Bill and I drove her to the first appointment. The specialty obstetrician told her that, "100% of babies with spina bifida have mental retardation." Bill told the obstetrician that this baby was going to be the exception. This same obstetrician also said that he didn't know what the white spot in the exact center of the baby's little heart was, but that he had seen it before and it was nothing to worry about.

Bill and I know spina bifida is a mountain to be moved through faith and belief.
We told Ashley and continue to tell Ashley that doctors don't know everything when it comes to the power of God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit. On that day we chose to believe that the white spot in the exact center of our unborn grandson's heart is the Holy Spirit because in Matthew 19:14 Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these."

After the doctor left, Bill asked Ashley if he could pray for her and the baby. She agreed and he spoke to the mountains of unbelief and spina bifida. He claimed a healing through the power of Jesus Christ.

Surgery at Birth
Ashton had surgery within hours of his birth. He had a VP shunt put in place to drain fluid from his brain and the open area on his lower spine was closed. I prayed over him in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit  and spoke to the mountain of spina bifida in the name of Jesus Christ.
Two weeks later, my grandson went home. The nurses said they had NEVER seen a baby heal and recover as quickly as Ashton. The word "never" occurs regularly when Ashton's progress is discussed.
Today, Ashton is a vocal and happy four year old who attends Head Start.
Ashton has no sign of mental retardation. His healing continues to appear in conjuction with his therapy. Also, he doesn't have seizures and has never taken medicine of any type for spina bifida issues. Additonally, at birth Ashton had no feeling from the waist down. Now he has feeling to his knees. The severe clubbed feet are no longer evident. He wears braces on his lower legs, but we are continuing to speak to the mountain of spina bifida and telling it to move!

Satan is still trying to move in and place doubt into the situation.
Doubt and false evidence are the number one mountain builders in the lives of believers.  I refuse to build a mountain in my life.

Make a choice today to become a mountain mover.
Believe in the unbelievable. Jesus showed that miracles are possible. Believe in the miraculous power of the Holy Spirit and stop listening to the false evidence of the enemy. Yes, the evidence looks real, but it doesn't take into account the miraculous power of the Holy Spirit, God and Jesus Christ.

Mountain Moving Bible Verses
The following bible verses emphasize that followers of Jesus Christ are mountain movers, not mountain builders.

Matthew 17:20
If you have faith as a grain of mustard seed, you shall say to this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible to you.

Matthew 21:21-22
Jesus answered and said to them, Truly I say to you, If you have faith, and doubt not, you shall not only do this which is done to the fig tree, but also if you shall say to this mountain, Be you removed, and be you cast into the sea; it shall be done. And all things, whatever you shall ask in prayer, believing, you shall receive.

Mark 11:22-24
And Jesus answering said to them, Have faith in God. For truly I say to you, That whoever shall say to this mountain, Be you removed, and be you cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he said shall come to pass; he shall have whatever he said. Therefore I say to you, What things soever you desire, when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you shall have them.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by and visiting today. SalleeB