Prayer Challenge


I want to ask you to say this prayer out loud, if possible.

“I belong to God. I am a holy vessel because I have the Holy Spirit of the Living God. The Lord of Heaven and earth has said to me; “I declare you holy!”. I commit to start believing what He says. I AM HOLY! Remind me daily, Spirit of the Living God, to treat myself as holy, open my eyes to every scheme of The Enemy to treat me as if I'm not. You, God, are Holy. Your word is the truth. This day Father, I chose to believe you! I ask this in the mighty name of your son Jesus Christ, who died on a cross for me so that I could be a coheir to the kingdom of God. Amen”



Saturday, April 15, 2017

Feeling Sad at Easter

Judas followed Jesus and still missed the message of grace that Jesus taught
The sadness started a couple of days ago after reading Matthew 27:3-4.
 Then Judas, His betrayer, seeing that He had been condemned, was remorseful and brought back the thirty pieces of silver to the chief priests and elders,saying,"I have sinned by betraying innocent blood."
 The words seemed to sink into my heart as I thought about the remorse that Judas felt. 
A remorse that completely overwhelmed Judas. He tried to return the thirty pieces of silver. Maybe he thought that would help to remove some of the guilt he felt. However, the chief priests and elders didn't want the money either, but Judas threw the silver pieces onto the ground and left. Judas focused on the sin he had committed and let it overcome him. Guilt, remorse, and hopelessness overcame Judas and he hanged himself. 
John 6:64
But there are some of you who do not believe." For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were who did not believe, and who would betray Him.
Judas completely missed Jesus' message of grace and being reborn as a new man. Jesus knew this about Judas;Judas was among the unbelievers. 

John 6:40 - 41
And this is the will of Him who sent Me, that everyone who sees the Son and believes in Him may have everlasting life; and I will raise him up at the last day." The Jews then complained about Him, because He said," I am the bread which came down from heaven."
Many of the disciples did not understand the message that Jesus was trying to teach them in John 6
Many quit following Jesus after Jesus told them he was the bread which came down from heaven. Judas was among the unbelievers. Is this when Judas decided to betray Jesus? 

How many people reject Jesus because they don't understand the intent of Jesus' words?
The kingdom of Jesus is in heaven. It is a spiritual kingdom. Jesus is spiritual bread for those who believe in Him and follow Him. 

God has always sought His sheep and he sent a spiritual shepard to reconcile his sheep to himself. In truth, God himself seeks the sheep who follow Jesus Christ. 
Ezekiel 34:11-12
"For thus says the Lord God:"Indeed I Myself will search for My sheep and seek them out. As a shepherd seeks out his flock on the day he is among his scattered sheep, so will I seek out My sheep and deliver them from all the places where they were scattered on a cloudy and dark day.
Romans 3:21-26
 But now the righteousness of God apart from the law is revealed, being witnessed by the Law and the Prophets, even the righteousness of God, through faith in Jesus Christ, to all and on all who believe. For there is no difference; for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, being justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus, whom God set forth as a propitiation by His blood, through faith, to demonstrate His righteousness, because in His forbearance God had passed over the sins that were previously committed, to demonstrate at the present time His righteousness, that He might be just and the justifier of the one who has faith in Jesus.
 The bolded section is mine to emphasize the message of what God has done through Jesus Christ. 

All of us have sinned. 
We are freely given his grace and redeemed through faith in Jesus. God passed over our previous sins and is the justifier of the one who has faith in Jesus. How amazing is that? Sadly, like Judas, many people don't get this message. 

I have sinned. 
God gives me grace through the redemption of Jesus. God is my justifier because I have faith in Jesus. My life is not my own, it belongs to Jesus. I am His. Yes, this makes me smile and joy once again fills my heart and chases out the sadness out of my heart. Amen? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by and visiting today. SalleeB