Prayer Challenge


I want to ask you to say this prayer out loud, if possible.

“I belong to God. I am a holy vessel because I have the Holy Spirit of the Living God. The Lord of Heaven and earth has said to me; “I declare you holy!”. I commit to start believing what He says. I AM HOLY! Remind me daily, Spirit of the Living God, to treat myself as holy, open my eyes to every scheme of The Enemy to treat me as if I'm not. You, God, are Holy. Your word is the truth. This day Father, I chose to believe you! I ask this in the mighty name of your son Jesus Christ, who died on a cross for me so that I could be a coheir to the kingdom of God. Amen”



Sunday, March 26, 2017

Psalm of the Week - 42:2 - March 26, 2017


This psalm is a poem and a prayer
David was in exile when he wrote this lament.He felt God was absent and wanted to be in his living God's presence. 

Matthew Henry had this to say about David's faith, our faith, religion, and how we should feel about God:
  • Faith begins with holy desires towards God and communion with him... 
  •  Holy love to God as the chief good and our felicity (great happiness) is the power of godliness, the very life and soul of religion, without which all external professions and performances are but a shell and carcass (dead, without meaning)...  
  • Holy love thirsting, love upon the wing, soaring upwards in holy desires towards the Lord and towards the remembrance of his name (v. 1, 2): "My soul...thirsts, for God, for nothing more than God, but still for more and more of him... 
  • He longs to come and appear before God...to attend on him, as a servant appears before his master, to pay his respects to him and receive his commands,—to give an account to him, as one from whom our judgment proceeds. 
  • To appear before God is...the desire of the upright..."
My Relationship with God
For a long time, my relationship with God was limited to when I needed help. Don't get me wrong, I believed in God and Jesus. I just didn't fully understand how much deeper my relationship could grow to be if I began to focus on God first, my self second, and all other things after that. 

As a child, I had a relationship with Jesus
However, as a young adult I walked away from church and Christian life. After sixteen years of living life my way, my life was in a shambles and I had to change. In 1994, I rededicated my life to Christ through baptism. My spiritual relationship with Christ was sealed that Sunday morning. During my baptism, I felt a small core of happiness begin to grow deep inside me that expanded to include my whole self as my face and body emerged from the water. Along with the expanding core of joy, I experienced an internal sensation of something  "snapping into place" and creating a whole, new me - creating a joy filled woman. 

Love Upon the Wing
Today, I so look forward to opening my bible and meeting with God. Today, I want nothing more than to be a servant of God. He is my all, and my everything. Love upon the wing. What a wonderful expression for how each of us should feel about the Lord. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by and visiting today. SalleeB