Prayer Challenge


I want to ask you to say this prayer out loud, if possible.

“I belong to God. I am a holy vessel because I have the Holy Spirit of the Living God. The Lord of Heaven and earth has said to me; “I declare you holy!”. I commit to start believing what He says. I AM HOLY! Remind me daily, Spirit of the Living God, to treat myself as holy, open my eyes to every scheme of The Enemy to treat me as if I'm not. You, God, are Holy. Your word is the truth. This day Father, I chose to believe you! I ask this in the mighty name of your son Jesus Christ, who died on a cross for me so that I could be a coheir to the kingdom of God. Amen”



Sunday, January 22, 2017

Verse of the Week - Isaiah 16:5 - January 22, 2017

The Lamb of God 
"Send him the lamb, the best you have, yourselves a living sacrifice. When you come to God, the great Ruler, come in the name of the Lamb, the Lamb of God." Matthew Henry
Yourself a living sacrifice, giving yourself to God through Jesus, the Lamb of God.
I haven't thought about my surrender to Jesus in quite this way before. Mostly, I think about how I surrendered my self-will to Jesus. I made a decision to be a servant in all areas of my life, but hadn't considered this as giving myself as a living sacrifice. 
"Those who will not submit to Christ, shall be as a bird that wanders from her nest, which shall be snatched up by the next bird of prey."Matthew Henry
I love this simile from Matthew Henry. After reading it, I can picture Satan as a bird of prey that will snatch you up if you will not choose to stay safe in the nest of Jesus Christ.  
 Submission Doesn't Mean Worldly Wealth
Even though we submit to Jesus, we may not enjoy worldly riches, honour, or a wealth of wants. However, even if we are living in poverty and persection, we shall have peace of conscience and eternal life in heaven waiting for us. Serenity and an eternal life in heaven is the reward for following Jesus Christ. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by and visiting today. SalleeB