Prayer Challenge


I want to ask you to say this prayer out loud, if possible.

“I belong to God. I am a holy vessel because I have the Holy Spirit of the Living God. The Lord of Heaven and earth has said to me; “I declare you holy!”. I commit to start believing what He says. I AM HOLY! Remind me daily, Spirit of the Living God, to treat myself as holy, open my eyes to every scheme of The Enemy to treat me as if I'm not. You, God, are Holy. Your word is the truth. This day Father, I chose to believe you! I ask this in the mighty name of your son Jesus Christ, who died on a cross for me so that I could be a coheir to the kingdom of God. Amen”



Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Giving Satan an Inroad

As I was driving to work yesterday, a thought percolated to the top of my awareness. Perhaps by making the decision to exceed the speed limit, I am giving Satan an inroad into my life.

Maybe....

When I am speeding, I am giving Satan an opportunity to harm me because I am choosing to not follow the Word of God and am therefore taking myself out of the Spirit and into the world. After all, speeding by choice is an act of rebellion. 

After studying my bible, 

I have decided that the thought is correct. I am giving Satan an inroad by being in rebellion to the law of man.

Yes, I am supposed to follow the rules of man. 

Acts 25:8
While he answered for himself, Neither against the law of the Jews, neither against the temple, nor yet against Caesar, have I offended any thing at all.
Titus 3:1
Put them in mind to be subject to principalities and powers, to obey magistrates, to be ready to every good work,
Romans 13:1
Let every soul be subject to the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.

No, Satan is not going to harm me because I belong to God. Conversely, I also have to sin not. The decision to speed is the sin and I am acting unrighteously. 


1 John 5:17 - 18

All unrighteousness is sin: and there is a sin not to death. We know that whoever is born of God sins not; but he that is begotten of God keeps himself, and that wicked one touches him not. 
James 4:7
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

Satan isn't going to harm me. Satan is going to flee from me because I love Jesus with all my heart and have submitted myself to God in all areas of my life.


The Holy Spirit resides in me. I am sealed by the Holy Spirit into the new covenant of God through Jesus Christ my Savior and mediator. 


1 Timothy 2:5

For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;
2 Timothy 1:14
Guard the good deposit that was entrusted to you--guard it with the help of the Holy Spirit who lives in us.

I am not perfect.I know this. 

However, I am going to have to get my foot off of the gas pedal, or lighten up on the throttle. Clearly, my decision to intentionally exceed the speed limit has given Satan an inroad into my life.

Sin is not an option for me because I have submitted to God. 

I have a new heart that is God-focused. Sin is NOT an option for me because I know I am born of God through Jesus Christ. 
Romans 8:13
For if you live after the flesh, you shall die: but if you through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, you shall live.
1 John 5:4
For whatever is born of God overcomes the world: and this is the victory that overcomes the world, even our faith.
1 John 3:9
Whosoever is begotten of God doeth no sin, because his seed abideth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is begotten of God.

Conclusion

Don't give Satan an inroad into your life because you think you are only sinning a little bit. Speeding is breaking the law of man. I am supposed to follow that law because it is not contrary to the Bible. Speeding is living after the flesh and I want to live through the Spirit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by and visiting today. SalleeB