Prayer Challenge


I want to ask you to say this prayer out loud, if possible.

“I belong to God. I am a holy vessel because I have the Holy Spirit of the Living God. The Lord of Heaven and earth has said to me; “I declare you holy!”. I commit to start believing what He says. I AM HOLY! Remind me daily, Spirit of the Living God, to treat myself as holy, open my eyes to every scheme of The Enemy to treat me as if I'm not. You, God, are Holy. Your word is the truth. This day Father, I chose to believe you! I ask this in the mighty name of your son Jesus Christ, who died on a cross for me so that I could be a coheir to the kingdom of God. Amen”



Monday, June 22, 2015

Psalm of the Week - 101:5 - 22 June, 2015


I still remember what being cut off from God feels like - a hole resided deep inside me. This hole could not be filled with sex, drugs, liquor, food, work, adrenaline-filled activities, or anything else that I put there to try and live a happy life. 

I had a proud heart and a high look. Pride in doing things myself. Pride in being strong and accomplishing goals. God did not get ANY praise from me. The only time God heard from me, was when I was in the depths of drunkenness, or was in trouble. 

Does this sound familiar? I hope not because I ended up being miserably unhappy. God let me continue to make my own decisions until I finally called upon him at 1:00 A.M. in the morning. Sober, unhappy, and in despair, I made a heart-felt plea. I told God I would do anything if he would just make the pain go away. 
Two days later, my partner aimed a gun at me during an argument over whether he should shoot the family dog because it wasn't friendly to him.  I survived, grabbed my little girls, and the dog, got in the car, and drove out of that dysfunctional, separated from God, life. 
My new life began with God being over everything. He is the great I AM. He is the center of who I am. My god-centered life began that day and continued to improve into a life that is better than any dream. 
Do not separate yourself from God by slandering others. Do not separate yourself by taking the credit for every accomplishment in your life. Being cut off from God is not a happy path. I know, I have been there. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by and visiting today. SalleeB