Prayer Challenge


I want to ask you to say this prayer out loud, if possible.

“I belong to God. I am a holy vessel because I have the Holy Spirit of the Living God. The Lord of Heaven and earth has said to me; “I declare you holy!”. I commit to start believing what He says. I AM HOLY! Remind me daily, Spirit of the Living God, to treat myself as holy, open my eyes to every scheme of The Enemy to treat me as if I'm not. You, God, are Holy. Your word is the truth. This day Father, I chose to believe you! I ask this in the mighty name of your son Jesus Christ, who died on a cross for me so that I could be a coheir to the kingdom of God. Amen”



Sunday, March 15, 2015

Waiting On a "Just for Me" Memory Verse


Two days ago, 
I realized that March 15th was nearly here. Lately, my morning quiet time has given way to recorded food programs and a computer game. However, I knew this had to change if I wanted to hear the quiet voice of the Holy Spirit give me my next Siesta Scripture Memory Team 2015 memory verse. 

And I heard.......silence
I opened my Bible, read in the New Testament, and heard..........silence. I praised the Lord in prayer, thanked Him for my blessings, and asked for my next memory verse. Listening quietly I heard...........silence. 

As I studied the 5th/6th Grade bible lesson, I read the lesson's weekly memory verse, John 5:36. 
“I have testimony weightier than that of John. For the very work that the Father has given me to finish, and which I am doing, testifies that the Father has sent me.

This morning, I assigned the memory verse to my class. Additionally, I told the students they would get to ask me to recite the memory verse next Sunday. 

Two Memory Verses
In fact, I was planning on memorizing two scriptures. I expected to be given a separate, just for me, scripture for Siesta Scripture Memory Team by the Lord. However, Jesus had a different idea. 

More silence
It is late afternoon as I type this post. About an hour ago, I again turned to the Lord for my memory verse. Thinking I might have missed an internal prompting during church service, I reread the sermon scriptures from church service. I listened quietly and heard............silence.
Q and A
"Father, what do you want me to memorize this week?", I finally asked. Imagine my surprise when the quiet voice I had been listening for said,

"John 5:36." 

Jesus does not expect me to learn two memory verses in one week. I put that task on myself. Honestly, I am relieved to be memorizing one scripture that is part of my task, teaching the 5th/6th grade Sunday School class. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by and visiting today. SalleeB