Prayer Challenge


I want to ask you to say this prayer out loud, if possible.

“I belong to God. I am a holy vessel because I have the Holy Spirit of the Living God. The Lord of Heaven and earth has said to me; “I declare you holy!”. I commit to start believing what He says. I AM HOLY! Remind me daily, Spirit of the Living God, to treat myself as holy, open my eyes to every scheme of The Enemy to treat me as if I'm not. You, God, are Holy. Your word is the truth. This day Father, I chose to believe you! I ask this in the mighty name of your son Jesus Christ, who died on a cross for me so that I could be a coheir to the kingdom of God. Amen”



Thursday, January 29, 2015

Guilty of Speeding to Church?


My hands gripped the steering wheel as I cast a brief glance at the dashboard clock, 3:45 P.M. and I was still several miles from home and my church. My mind flashed back to the Sunday morning that I had felt an internal nudge from the Holy Spirit to answer the call for help with the Thursday, after school program, Bible Buddies. That nudge to do service work is familiar, but I knew time was a factor in my reaching the church to help with the program. My job is about nineteen miles from the church.

Every morning and afternoon for nine years, I drove the nineteen miles of twisting, turning county road that lay between home and work. The drive took about twenty-five minutes IF slow drivers, loose cattle, deer, turkey and weather did not create an obstacle. Obstacles could stretch the time it took to drive the nineteen miles into forty minutes. 

Today, I left the employee parking lot at exactly 3:31 P.M. and had encountered zero obstacles. Anxious to arrive on time at 4:00 P.M., I knew that I had covered half of the distance already. A quick, internal prayer, "Thank-you, Lord for keeping obstacles out of my path." was in my thoughts when a brief look at the speedometer made my right foot instantly lift off the gas pedal. The speedometer needle descended to the speed limit, 55 mph.

A quirky thought appeared in my mind," I wonder how many Christians are guilty of breaking the speed limit to arrive at church on time?" Instantly, my heart and spirit soared with laughter. 

The dashboard clock read 3:55 P.M. as I parked beside the church building, five minutes
early.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by and visiting today. SalleeB