Prayer Challenge


I want to ask you to say this prayer out loud, if possible.

“I belong to God. I am a holy vessel because I have the Holy Spirit of the Living God. The Lord of Heaven and earth has said to me; “I declare you holy!”. I commit to start believing what He says. I AM HOLY! Remind me daily, Spirit of the Living God, to treat myself as holy, open my eyes to every scheme of The Enemy to treat me as if I'm not. You, God, are Holy. Your word is the truth. This day Father, I chose to believe you! I ask this in the mighty name of your son Jesus Christ, who died on a cross for me so that I could be a coheir to the kingdom of God. Amen”



Thursday, January 22, 2015

Good God, Bad Satan - Is Life This Simple?

Can Life Be This Simple?
When I met my husband, a lot of my time was spent trying to discern, or figure out, what God's plan was. Bill told me his philosophy was simple,"If it's good, it's God - If it's bad, it's Satan." Simple, right? Too simple maybe? I thought about "Good God, Bad Satan" for a week or two. Finally, I decided that maybe life really is this simple. I do not regret choosing to live life this way.

An Infinite God vs A Finite Brain
Today, my life is much simpler. I have more time since I do not try and "figure out" why God operates the way he does. Four years of "Good God, Bad Satan" have taught me to stop wasting time trying to understand an infinite God with a finite, human brain.

Why Do Bad Things Happen?
Why do bad things happen to good people, children, and the world in general? I don't know. I do know that the scripture tells me over and over that I live in a world ruled by a prince who separated man from God in the Garden of Eden. Jesus died to reconcile man with God. Our kingdom is not this earthly realm.

John 17:15-17 NIV

Jesus Prays

15 My prayer is not that you take them out of the world but that you protect them from the evil one.16 They are not of the world, even as I am not of it.17 Sanctify them by the truth; your word is truth.

Ephesians 2:1-2 NIV

As for you, you were dead in your transgressions and sins, in which you used to live when you followed the ways of this world and of the ruler of the kingdom of the air, the spirit who is now at work in those who are disobedient.
Simplify Your Life
Try living your life without questioning, or trying to understand what God's part is in life. Simplify your life with: God is good and Satan is bad. I didn't think it could be that simple either. However, after living in this manner, I truly have come to believe that everything can be distilled into "Good God, Bad Satan", black and white with no gray area in between.

A Deceptive Counselor
We don't live in a world that belongs to God alone. Adam and Eve were separated from God because Eve listened to the wrong counselor. We still live in a world with a fallen angel. A deceptive counselor who delights in causing separation between God and man, Bad Satan.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by and visiting today. SalleeB