Prayer Challenge


I want to ask you to say this prayer out loud, if possible.

“I belong to God. I am a holy vessel because I have the Holy Spirit of the Living God. The Lord of Heaven and earth has said to me; “I declare you holy!”. I commit to start believing what He says. I AM HOLY! Remind me daily, Spirit of the Living God, to treat myself as holy, open my eyes to every scheme of The Enemy to treat me as if I'm not. You, God, are Holy. Your word is the truth. This day Father, I chose to believe you! I ask this in the mighty name of your son Jesus Christ, who died on a cross for me so that I could be a coheir to the kingdom of God. Amen”



Sunday, November 30, 2014

Psalm of the Week - Psalm 56:5,6 - December 1, 2014




Distort my Words
"...Form, fashion, and shape them at their pleasure; construe them, and put what sense upon them they think fit...And meet in some one place, to contrive ways and means to do hurt, and then assemble together again to put them in execution; as did the Jews with respect to Christ..."                        Gill's Bible Exposition

Confiding to a Worldly Human Being
This scripture has reminded me about an incident that happened to me years ago. An incident that happened because I confided in a worldly human being instead of the Lord. I experienced having my words twisted and taken out of context. In fact, I received one of the nastiest emails of my life because of this situation. 

My Initial Mistake
My initial mistake was in deciding to trust a worldly person with how I really felt about a situation involving an acquaintance of mine and their spouse. Now, I want you to understand that how I feel about things is NOT always how everyone else sees it. I know that. I just wanted to talk about how I felt and was not placing blame on anyone. Hindsight has shown me to only confide in Christ. Sowing dissension is one of the Enemy's best tools.

However, that person then repeated what I had said to their spouse.(Out of context as I found out later.) Their spouse then repeated the second hand, out of context retelling to our mutual acquaintance. 

The Consequence
An unexpected, angry voicemail was the first sign I had that my words had been repeated. I tried to call and talk to the acquaintance.  However, my calm, polite voicemail did not elicit a return call. 

Next, I went to the person whom I had shared my feelings with. Seriously, I was calm, but you know how this went. Don't you?

My point, or main concern, was to make sure the two spouses understood the context of what I had said was about me and how I felt. My perception of the situation might not be true, it was just how it felt to me. I was not placing blame on anyone for how I felt. 

Then, I continued to try and establish some communication via phone two more times, and having no luck, stopped. What do you think happened next? Yep, "The Email" arrived in my inbox. A very nasty email that stunned me with the blistering criticism of my character.  

Confiding in Christ
By this time, my actions were being guided by communication with the Lord and prayer. A little late, but I had decided to sit in the shade of the throne by this time. 

Christ remained silent before his accusers. Not once did he try to defend himself, 

Today, my feelings are expressed to the Father. No one else. He loves it when his sons and daughters turn to him for comfort, consolation, and help. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by and visiting today. SalleeB