The video links are no longer working. The video playlist has been deleted from YouTube.
Ephesians 2:10 (End of Week 3/Beginning of Week 4)
10 For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.
26 From one man he made all the nations, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he marked out their appointed times in history and the boundaries of their lands.
- Our time on planet Earth was set by God.
- He knew us before the foundation of the world.
- He even knew our works.
- Our personality, our gifts were made before he foundation of the world.
- Its our whole reason for being here.
God's purpose for you in your own generation is perfectly timed.
36“Now when David had served God’s purpose in his own generation, he fell asleep; he was buried with his ancestors and his body decayed.
- In my own generation I have been called to serve God's purpose.
- We are exactly where we are supposed to be in this time frame, in this generation.
- In our own generation means that we are relevant
- Nothing is more challenging than being a relevant Christian
- Being a relevant Christian mean we can be in touch with the world to understand what is going on without the world getting all over us.
- If we can accept this challenge in the power of the Holy Spirit, nothing is more powerful.
- We can show people the relevance of God's Word in the world today.
- If Christianity is the narrow way, Christian relevance is walking a tight rope.
- Carnality is to the left if we fall off.
- If we fall off to the right we will fall into hyper spirituality. We can get in such a religious mode that no one knows what we are talking about. We are perceived as weird.
John 5:36-42 (Jesus is speaking)
- Let's do the hard thing that matters
- We are going to be doing something hard anyway.