Prayer Challenge


I want to ask you to say this prayer out loud, if possible.

“I belong to God. I am a holy vessel because I have the Holy Spirit of the Living God. The Lord of Heaven and earth has said to me; “I declare you holy!”. I commit to start believing what He says. I AM HOLY! Remind me daily, Spirit of the Living God, to treat myself as holy, open my eyes to every scheme of The Enemy to treat me as if I'm not. You, God, are Holy. Your word is the truth. This day Father, I chose to believe you! I ask this in the mighty name of your son Jesus Christ, who died on a cross for me so that I could be a coheir to the kingdom of God. Amen”



Saturday, May 31, 2014

The Captivity of Activity - Week 5



Sallee's Notes


  • Healing our souls takes time
  • Life is hard
  • We need to get to where we can tell God about it
  • Maturity isn't stuffing our emotions
  • Maturity is when we let God get to us through and through. We are intimate with Him.
  • Be a tattletale to God, then we won't be prone to tell someone else about it
  • We can get too busy to sense the tender care of God.
Luke 10:41 KJV

40 But Martha was cumbered about much serving, and came to him, and said, Lord, dost thou not care that my sister hath left me to serve alone? bid her therefore that she help me.

41 And Jesus answered and said unto her, Martha, Martha, thou art careful and troubled about many things:

Luke 10:40-41 NIV

40 But Martha was distracted by all the preparations that had to be made. She came to him and asked, “Lord, don’t you care that my sister has left me to do the work by myself? Tell her to help me!”

41 “Martha, Martha,” the Lord answered, “you are worried and upset about many things,

  • Martha said,"Don't you care?"
  • Latin word turba means a crowd
  • Martha had a crowd in her head
  • Maybe your mind is on a hundred different things
  • Look at the word worry.
  • Word play in the original Hebrew?
  • KJV shows the word play more clearly
  • Martha says "Doest thou not care?" Christ replies,  "...thou art careful and troubled about many things:"
  • care vs careful
  • Martha meant tender care, concern. Does it matter to you? 
  • Martha had the personality that would have used a lot of room spray!
  • Christ answered back that Martha had care plus anxiety
  • What makes us slide into anxious care?
  • We are to be anxious about nothing
Philippians 4:6 NIV

6 Do not be anxious about anything,but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.


  • Anxiety driven care
  • We have authentic care for the people in our lives, but when we slide into anxiety with our care it isn't right
  • anxiety is from feeling out of control
  • anxiety = out of control
  • What issue is causing this for you?

Digging Deeper

Beth's thoughts always make me want to dig deeper into the Bible. I love reading Matthew Henry's Commentary because it gives me more insight into the scriptures. Listed below are two quotes that go along with this week's lesson.

" He (Christ) will be the patron of the poor and injured, but not of the turbulent and injurious."

Matthew Henry's Commentary
Luke 10:38-42

"...avoid anxious care and distracting thought in the wants and difficulties of life. Observe, It is the duty and interest of Christians to live without care."

Matthew Henry's Commentary
Philippians 4:6

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by and visiting today. SalleeB