Prayer Challenge


I want to ask you to say this prayer out loud, if possible.

“I belong to God. I am a holy vessel because I have the Holy Spirit of the Living God. The Lord of Heaven and earth has said to me; “I declare you holy!”. I commit to start believing what He says. I AM HOLY! Remind me daily, Spirit of the Living God, to treat myself as holy, open my eyes to every scheme of The Enemy to treat me as if I'm not. You, God, are Holy. Your word is the truth. This day Father, I chose to believe you! I ask this in the mighty name of your son Jesus Christ, who died on a cross for me so that I could be a coheir to the kingdom of God. Amen”



Sunday, April 27, 2014

The Captivity of Activity - Week 1




My Notes - Week 1 Introduction

  • Opening prayer

  • Taking a road trip to friend's house
  • Luke 10:38 
38 As Jesus and his disciples were on their way, he came to a village where a woman named Martha opened her home to him.
  • We are dropping by Martha's house today
  • Martha and Mary 
  • this lesson doesn't seem to stick and I have to learn it again -  the captivity of activity
  • Luke 10:39-40
 39 She had a sister called Mary, who sat at the Lord’s feet listening to what he said. 40 But Martha was distracted by all the preparations that had to be made. She came to him and asked, “Lord, don’t you care that my sister has left me to do the work by myself? Tell her to help me!”
  • Martha wants Mary to help instead of sitting at the Lord's feet
  • Martha complains to Jesus that Mary is not helping her.
  • Which woman is you? Mary? or Martha?
  • Martha is the one who opened her home to Jesus and the disciples. 
  • Maybe Mary didn't offer because her home was too messy?
  • By all the preparations that had to be made
  • Pre in preparation got away from Martha.
  • Luke 10:40-42
40 But Martha was distracted by all the preparations that had to be made. She came to him and asked, “Lord, don’t you care that my sister has left me to do the work by myself? Tell her to help me!” 41“Martha, Martha,” the Lord answered, “you are worried and upset about many things, 42 but few things are needed—or indeed only one. Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her.”
  • All scripture is God-breathed, say it.
  • I wonder - why does the scripture, Luke 10:38-39, say "a woman named Martha, and her sister is called Mary" Why is that?

My Thoughts

If I had been at Martha's house, I would have been in the kitchen. I'm positive that I would have been concerned with getting the meal ready and served to the guests. 

Today, I want to be a blend of Martha and Mary. My bible study time is my Mary time. Time to sit at the Lord's feet and read his word. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by and visiting today. SalleeB