Prayer Challenge


I want to ask you to say this prayer out loud, if possible.

“I belong to God. I am a holy vessel because I have the Holy Spirit of the Living God. The Lord of Heaven and earth has said to me; “I declare you holy!”. I commit to start believing what He says. I AM HOLY! Remind me daily, Spirit of the Living God, to treat myself as holy, open my eyes to every scheme of The Enemy to treat me as if I'm not. You, God, are Holy. Your word is the truth. This day Father, I chose to believe you! I ask this in the mighty name of your son Jesus Christ, who died on a cross for me so that I could be a coheir to the kingdom of God. Amen”



Friday, March 28, 2014

Would You Die for a Good Person?

You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ died for the ungodly. Very rarely will anyone die for a righteous person, though for a good person someone might possibly dare to die. But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us
Romans 5:6-8 NIV

I Loved You At Your Darkest

I was shopping at Zazzle.com and saw a necklace with this verse, "I loved you at your darkest." The verse was labeled Romans 5:8. It wasn't one I recognized so my curiosity kicked in. Quickly, I went on over to Biblegateway.com and used the scripture search to read Romans 5:8 in four different editions of the bible. Apparently, the verse on the necklace is a personal application or a paraphrased version of the original scripture. My reflections on verses 6-8 are in the next paragraph.

Christ died for the ungodly and the powerless. Christ died for sinners. My question to myself is:  Would I die for my children, my spouse, or for another good person? I like to think I would die for my family members. However, would I die for a sinner? Someone I don't know? Essentially, that is what Jesus did. He died for powerless, ungodly sinners to reconcile them to God. Why did he do this? Love. God and Jesus love me. While I was still a sinner, at the bottom of dark, miry pit, I was loved by my Heavenly Father. I believe God and Jesus would say," I loved you at your darkest." 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by and visiting today. SalleeB