Prayer Challenge


I want to ask you to say this prayer out loud, if possible.

“I belong to God. I am a holy vessel because I have the Holy Spirit of the Living God. The Lord of Heaven and earth has said to me; “I declare you holy!”. I commit to start believing what He says. I AM HOLY! Remind me daily, Spirit of the Living God, to treat myself as holy, open my eyes to every scheme of The Enemy to treat me as if I'm not. You, God, are Holy. Your word is the truth. This day Father, I chose to believe you! I ask this in the mighty name of your son Jesus Christ, who died on a cross for me so that I could be a coheir to the kingdom of God. Amen”



Thursday, June 27, 2013

A Reflection on America and Habbakuk

For the earth will be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the LORD...
 Habakkuk 2:14
 

I Love America

 I love America. I grew up singing, My Country Tis of Thee; America the Beautiful; and God Bless America at school and in church services on Sunday morning. I love the America that I grew up with. An America that reflected the moral standards of its Puritan roots, an America that reflected the moral standards of the founding fathers, and an America that reflected the moral standards that help prevent a society from internal decay. Did you notice the past tense?
Today, in the atmosphere of political correctness that fills America "from sea to shining sea"; some would say I have been indoctrinated to be a good citizen. I agree. As a good and godly citizen, I am full of a deep and abiding sadness for my country. Tears of heartbreak are flowing down my cheeks as I pray for America and its people.

Crumbling Moral Standards

Evidence of the crumbling moral standards is in the media, is on the streets, and is in the churches. God has been taken out of our schools, out of our businesses, out of our government, and out of our churches. The biblical standards that guided generations of American citizens are now "politically incorrect."

Remain Faithful In Spite Of...

This morning, I reached for my bible and sought comfort within its pages. Habakkuk, a contemporary of Jeremiah, was in the same situation that I am this morning. He saw his people, whom he loved, falling away from the biblical standards of their ancestors. In spite of all the recorded miracles, Judah failed to remain faithful under the rule of Babylon. Habakkuk was told that Babylon would fall because of pride, ambition, arrogance, greed, cruelty, drunkenness, and idolatry. Habakkuk had to remain faithful, in spite of what he saw in the society surrounding him. That sounds familiar doesn't it?
This is what God told Habakkuk:
For the earth will be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea.
Habakkuk 2:14

The knowledge of God is going to blanket the world. Wow, that is an amazing thought. Can you see it? The Earth, enfolded within the glowing, glorious light of knowledge. What a comforting promise and it is going to be fulfilled, because God keeps his promises
I am going to follow Habakkuk's example:
I will stand at my watch and station myself on the ramparts; I will look to see what he will say to me, and what answer I am to give to this complaint.
Habakkuk 2:1

My complaint has an answer this morning. By reading about Habakkuk and his circumstances, I am aware of the need to remain faithful and patient. God is at work, even if I do not see the evidence of it.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by and visiting today. SalleeB