Prayer Challenge


I want to ask you to say this prayer out loud, if possible.

“I belong to God. I am a holy vessel because I have the Holy Spirit of the Living God. The Lord of Heaven and earth has said to me; “I declare you holy!”. I commit to start believing what He says. I AM HOLY! Remind me daily, Spirit of the Living God, to treat myself as holy, open my eyes to every scheme of The Enemy to treat me as if I'm not. You, God, are Holy. Your word is the truth. This day Father, I chose to believe you! I ask this in the mighty name of your son Jesus Christ, who died on a cross for me so that I could be a coheir to the kingdom of God. Amen”



Tuesday, June 11, 2013

My Love Affair With Jesus


               



Stay in the Word, the Word will shield me from sin. Let the Word fill up the emptiness.


 I was struggling with an emotional wound when I wrote those words. I still remember a question that kept bouncing around inside my head, "When did I get out of God's will and into Sallee's will?" The honest answer to that question is painful to admit.

Afraid of Being Alone

A relationship with a man was the highest priority in my life because I was afraid of being alone. Four years of widowhood and not understanding my relationship with God led me to make choices that took me out of God's will. My relationship with Christ had taken second place to the relationship that I had chosen to have with a man. Sigh

I am sad for the woman that replaced Christ with an Earthly man. An earthly man not chosen by Christ, but chosen out of fear will not bring peace, joy, or contentment. I know because I settled for someone who wasn't rooted and grounded in God.

My healing began when I actively began to pursue Christ as my first choice. A quote by Maya Angelou sums up my love for Jesus Christ.

“A woman's heart should be so hidden in God that a man has to seek Him just to find her.”
― Maya Angelou

My Love Affair with Jesus


My love affair with Jesus began by getting to know him better. I quit filling in empty time with the Bible and began arising an hour earlier to begin my day with my husband, actively seeking his words and applying them to my life. The Word filled my emptiness and made me see how much my Heavenly husband loves me.  My love grew as I became fully rooted and grounded in His love. Fearfulness of being alone left because I wasn't alone. He is my bridegroom and I am his bride. What a joyful, fulfilling marriage! My life is full, rich, and busy. 

My Hidden Heart 

Then, I gave my heavenly husband a gift - the gift of submission. These words left my lips one morning," Lord, I would like to have a husband, but if that is not your will for me, then that is fine with me."

My heart was hidden in God that day. Jesus wrapped his arms around me, hugged me, and told me what a wonderful wife I was. The Holy Spirit within me expanded to enfold me in happiness, peace, joy, and love. 

Please start your love affair with Christ today and hide your heart in God.  Tell Him that he is in charge of your heart. Imprint his scriptures upon your heart.
 

 

 

 

 

 

6 comments:

  1. Tessa, I really appreciate you reading my posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. weirdness...the bride is the church. It's sad to read that you still had the need to have a husband and you just substituted Jesus for this and call him your husband.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ anonymous I agree, the bride is the church and the church is made up of individuals who believe that Jesus died on the cross for us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your post.. Jesus is everything you ever wanted him to be..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kristy. Jesus truly is everything I ever wanted him to be.

      Delete

Thank-you for stopping by and visiting today. SalleeB