Prayer Challenge


I want to ask you to say this prayer out loud, if possible.

“I belong to God. I am a holy vessel because I have the Holy Spirit of the Living God. The Lord of Heaven and earth has said to me; “I declare you holy!”. I commit to start believing what He says. I AM HOLY! Remind me daily, Spirit of the Living God, to treat myself as holy, open my eyes to every scheme of The Enemy to treat me as if I'm not. You, God, are Holy. Your word is the truth. This day Father, I chose to believe you! I ask this in the mighty name of your son Jesus Christ, who died on a cross for me so that I could be a coheir to the kingdom of God. Amen”



Saturday, October 18, 2014

SalleeShares: Why We Don’t Share Our Faith


Witnessing to friends, acquaintances, and strangers can be scary.

I wasn't a bold Christian for a long time. One morning I was reading  my "Girlfriends in God" newsletter at 5:15 A.M. This is my quiet time with God. As always, the message from Mary Southerland touched me. After I read the short article, I found myself scanning the bottom of the newsletter and saw a link entitled, 5 Reasons We Don’t Share Our Faith. "Interesting," I thought to myself as I clicked on the link. The short message succinctly sums up why I didn't witness boldly.

According to Pastor Daniel Darling, one reason we don't share our faith is:

 We don’t share our faith because we are ashamed of our identity.

That single sentence sums up why I was not a bold Christian in the past. Shame and Fear of Rejection. I didn't want to upset anyone. I wanted people to like me.

FEAR of Rejection
  • Fear of rejection motivated me to keep my faith to myself.
  • Fear of confrontation motivated me to keep my faith to myself. .
Do you want to be a bold witness for Christ?

If you would like to be a bold Christian, pray with me sisters and brothers.

Father,
Thank-you for sending your son, Jesus, to this sinful world and letting him die as a sacrifice for me. Thank-you for letting him arise from that death and return to his place with You so that I have eternal life in Heaven waiting for me.

Please give me the courage to be a bold witness for Christ. Remove the fear, doubt, and indecisiveness that the Enemy has placed in my mind. Replace Satan's obstacles with the desire to share the Gospel and my faith with others. In the mighty name of your Son, Jesus Christ, I ask this. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. in agreement! Amen!!
    He has called us to be witnesses, so, therefore, He will provide all that is necessary!! Praise Him!! Amen!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for stopping by and visiting today. SalleeB